2010年1月23日土曜日

Class #12 Eduation

1. Do you think Japan should give more students options to study more languages
(other than English) in Junior and Senior High School?
I don't think so.
I know it is important for Japanese students to learn non-mother languages,
but we have to treasure our languages.
Because I heard that Japanese student tends to fall in "Kokugo-ryoku".
We need to learn about our culture and language.
So I think Japanese students have to study Japanese than now.
2.read the opinion in the November 5th New York Times.
Do you agree with the writer Minae Mizumura
(“The Fall of Japanese in the Age of English”) 
The education system, she argues, doesn’t spend enough time teaching Japanese.”Why?
Give at least 3 reasons to support your answer.
I agree with her opinion. I would like to give 3reasons for this.
First, Japanese education system is not so good.
At school, we learned only English grammar at first.
These sentences are not used by native speakers, and usually it is old one.
It is NOT practical English. So I think English which we learned at school can not educate.
We need to study not only grammar but speaking.

Second, our writing skill is declining because of recent technology.

We can send e-mail without writing themselves.
Hiragana is transformed Kanji or Katakana easily when we make contents using a mobile phone.
And we do not need to remember correct form of Kanji.
This situation is causing that Japanese students' ability to remember Kanji.
We have to write letters by our hand.

Third, people who read books are decreased. Nowadays, there are Internet novels.

It is cheap, lightweight and we can read anywhere.
Of all others, mobile phone's novel is bad. This novel do not serious literature.
I think many mobile phone novels are unskillful passage, story, style and language.
So we need to read paper books more, I think....


5 件のコメント:

  1. hello!!
    I agree that it is very important to write the letters. it is easy to forget about the kanji i f we only use the moblie phone!
    I think that speaking is very important, but the grammer is also important for us to know and study English at first!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi!!
    I agree with you.
    I try to write letter to use pen and paper.

    返信削除
  3. >chiken
    Thank you for your comment.
    i think so too. It is easy to forget about the kanji but it is difficult for us to remenber new words;((

    >VIAMIN★WATER
    Thank you for your comment.
    I try to write letter for my friends,too :))

    返信削除
  4. Hello!
    I agree with your opinion:)
    I think that the teachability of the Japanese child falls surely.

    返信削除
  5. Hi!!
    I agree that mobile phone's novel is bad.

    返信削除