2009年5月16日土曜日

Class #4 About Greeting

I think that there are many ways of greeting in my life. When I greet people, I usually say "Ohayou" and smile, or just say "Ohayou", bow, wave my hands and so on. And I consider that how to greet is depend on my relationship, situation. I greet more political when I greet senior people, member of part-time job and people who I do not know. The other hands, I greet more familiar when I meet friends. Also, I do not touch people when I talk to them. But I do not know why I do so. I think it is the national character of Japanese.

6 件のコメント:

  1. I think so;))
    Actually, I think greeting depend on our relationship and situation, too.
    Moreover, greeting vary in different countries.
    If I go to foreign country, I need to go along that country's culture.
    "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

    返信削除
  2. I agree with you.
    As you say, there are many ways of greeting in our life.
    I think that we should use the right word in the right place.
    But it is difficult for me;

    返信削除
  3. Hi chu-chu-chu- ☆ミ
    Thank you for writing a comment.
    Yes, I agree with you :)
    It is important for us to go along that country's culture.

    返信削除
  4. Hi, mameshiba.
    Thank you for writing a comment!
    Yes, there are many way how to greeting in Japan.
    So it is difficult for me, too ;(

    返信削除
  5. I agree with your point that greetings depend on the relationship.
    I often say "otsukare-sama-desu" to my bosses at my part time job.
    Do you say that words?
    I have heard that saying "gokurou-sama-desu" to our bosses can offend them.
    We can express our thankful feelings by saying "otsukare-sama-desu," but saying "gokurou-sama-desu" is wrong to say bosses.
    It is hard to greet people, isn't it!?

    返信削除
  6. Hello!

    I agree with your article.

    How to greet are different to relationship.

    返信削除