2009年5月16日土曜日

Class #3 My Buddhism

I thougth about Buddhism of my daily life. I wrote 5 examples and explained why I think so.
  1. Before I eat something, I say "Itadakimasu". It is for giving thanks to food, nature, our parents and people who made it.
  2. I visit a grave about 5 times a year for accounting of my daily life.
  3. When someone die, we perform the last offices. It is for hoping someones soul rest in Heaven.
  4. I have the Bon Festival. When this term, I make an offering to Buddhist memorial tablet for greeting our ancestry soul.
  5. I have a Syobu bath every 5th may. The stem and leaf of iris is put in the bath, and wish our health.

6 件のコメント:

  1. Hello.
    I agree with you.
    And I am interested in five answer, I have not heard it up to now.

    返信削除
  2. 5/5, the Shobu no hi...
    I've heard it once though, I never practiced.
    You go to graves 5 times a year???
    Wow. Your ancesters should be really pleased.

    返信削除
  3. Hi carp :)
    THank you for writing a comment!
    In my house, I have a bath of iris every year ;D

    返信削除
  4. Hi, frogger :)
    Thank you for writing a comment.
    Iusually go to graves to meet my grandfather!!

    返信削除
  5. I did not know that sho-bu bath derived from Buddhism.
    Good research!!

    返信削除
  6. My Grandfather is a Buddhist. So I realize Buddhism in life well. I often go to the temple with Grandfather.

    返信削除